Can't Find What You Are Looking For? Try Google Search

Custom Search

Monday, October 11, 2010

What If Your Son Or Daughter Was Gay? Do Homosexuals Choose To Be Gay?

Would you be alright with your child being gay? Do you think homosexuals choose this lifestyle? I have been asked these question on several occasions, however they are complex questions. I can not answer them in one word. What would you do if you found out your son or daughter is gay? Some people fear this more than anything.

My honest answer; I prefer that my son is straight, and not for the reason you might think. We live screwed up world. It is hard to be different from what others perceive as normal. Being homosexual is not accepted everywhere or by everyone. It is a challenging lifestyle. Not only do you deal with regular daily life, but you are treated differently because of your sexual preference. There are always cases of assault against homosexual's. On top of that, you deal with job discrimination . I want my son to have every opportunity, and to not be held back for any reason. I wouldn't want to see him treated differently than others, because he is gay. You must be a strong person to be openly gay. I would love him regardless of his lifestyle. If the world was different I would change my answer to, I don't care.

I was reading an article today. It was about parents wanting nothing to do with their children when they come out of the closet. How could this be? If you genuinely love your child, how would that change your opinion? It should not make a difference if they are straight or gay. This is the same person that was loved before the parents knew about it. Many of the parents were worried about what others would think. What happened to family first. I think they need a better class of friends.

I raise my child with hopes that he is happy, and is successful. When I say successsful, I am not implying that he becomes the CEO of Apple. I want him to be successful in life, whatever his goals and dreams are. If he wants to travel the world, and has to beg for money on the street corner to do so, that's fine. If that is what really makes him complete as a person, I will support him. Happiness is the key to success. It doesn't matter where your happiness comes from. What does matter? The company you keep around you, and your family. Good friends and family who support you in life, even if they don't agree with you, is all that matters.

Not all churches are good. The same goes for christians. Churches who reject people because they are gay, are not following the word of god. They think they are. The bible can be interpreted in many different ways. It does not read that you are superior to gays. You are to be kind to everyone, not just a selected group. If you think gay people are going to hell, keep your opinion to yourself. This decision is not up to you anyway. The so called christians, that are violent to gays need to reconsider their actions. Who will really be going to hell.

How does homosexuality affect you? The people who are always picketing and protesting gays are an odd bunch. If I don't like something or someone, I try to avoid contact. People were protesting the gay pride march Serbia. Why? So they don't like it, and want to shelter their children from it. So why would you go their and spend the day protesting? Surrounding yourself with homosexuals is the answer? How many gay folks do you really know. I would bet that most of the people who hate homosexuals, don't know any.

Is being gay a choice, or were you born that way? Another debated question. If you read my profile, you know I'm straight. When I was introduced to my wife, I thought she was beautiful, as well as smart. I did not choose to be attracted to her. I just was. When I look at a man, I see nothing. I did not sit at home and deliberate if I wanted to be straight. It was not a question. Same for gay people. They do not suddenly change their mind one day. They do not sit around thinking about which sex they are attracted to. They know the same as you do. Not everyone thinks Jessica Simpson or Rosie O'donnel is Hot. (I like Jessica) Everyone does not think Brad Pitt or Gary Buseyis a hunk. That's because we all have different views on who or what is attractive. Think about it!

I am not trying offend anyone, or make someone mad. This is my opinion as an outsider. If you disagree with me fine. If you agree with me, you must be fairly intelligent.(Haha just kidding) I am annoyed by the way some gay people are treated. I'm disgusted by the current news. We are all here to live together. This would be a boring place if we all liked the same things. Just because we don't agree, that does not mean we can't be friends. I have a good friend who disagrees with me on almost everything. All humans need to be treated equally. The only people who should be outcasts, are the people causing all the trouble and protesting. If you don't like something, you are not required to be part of it. Think about what you say, and how it may hurt someone. If you feel the need to join a group, find something that is constructive. Not something immoral and potentially destructive. There are plenty of good causes where your time could be spent. Use it wisely as we are not here for long.

Here are some links of things that should not be;

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/04/1739413/2-arrested-in-anti-gay-beating.html

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/05/1741617/anti-gay-churchs-lawyer-study.html

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/06/1742146/legislators-anti-gay-slurs-criticized.html

No comments:

Post a Comment